Thursday, July 17, 2008

Safe in Singapore

A lot has happened since my last post, but I don't want to write a long synopsis like I did last time. Here are the highlights:

1. One of our tubs was evidently dropped from the airplane - the entire bottom was broken, and had to be replace before leaving SF.

2. Ryan ended up "running" to Lowe's to get a new one. And by "running", I mean "running."

3. The hotel shuttle was totally late picking us up, and we only got to the airport 1.5 hours before departure (they recommend 3 hours).

4. We had no way of getting all of our luggage into the airport. We finally split up, and I took 2 of the girls with me inside to round up help. A really nice porter came to our rescue.

5. The lady at the ticketing counter insisted on weighing our carry-ons. Over half of them were too heavy - almost two times too heavy!

6. I started crying.

7. They only charged us for one extra bag, even though we had to check two (which was really four, because they had us go down to the shipping office and have the bags saran-wrapped to each other).

8. The total for the bags was about $150.

9. We had to go through all of the bags before checking them to pull out clothes for Singapore, and then had to stuff them in my giant purse.

10. And by clothes, I mean a change of underwear and a swimsuit - the kids have had their heart set on swimming here in the airport.

11. Checking our extra carryons was a total blessing in disguise. There is no way we could have carried it throughout the airport and through the airplane.

12. The flights to Seoul and Singapore were great! Total flying time: SF to Seoul was 11 hours, and Seoul to Singapore was 6 hours. We watched some fun movies, and
the girls slept quite a bit.

13. We are checked into the hotel in the Singapore airport for the night. Please pray that we will be able to get some much needed rest.

Well, so much for making this a short post. We love you all.

3 comments:

Shawn Blenker said...

You guys! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing so much of your experiences with us on this site. I can just picture your stories unfolding as I read them... especially Ryan trying to deny the famous musician title!
Praise the Lord for the things/people He brings our way. We love you guys!

Kee family said...

Angie, Ryan, and girls,
Glad to hear that you made it...just in time...not that we worry about your schedule...but we worry about your schedule. The Singapore Airport is beautiful and hopefully you can get a litte rested and the girls can swim. My boss thinks I need to visit Singapore again, so we may be able to piggy back a trip on to India. Do you need us to bring you anything...just kidding.

Love, Dad and Mom

the Hampton's said...

So glad to hear you made it safe and sound! It is so great to get updates-it makes it feel like you aren't so far away.
Have a great rest of the week traveling.
We love and miss you!

PS I am impressed there there was only 1 bullet point of crying.
If it was me...it would be every other point. I cried. I cried. I cried. I guess that's why God sent YOU to India and me to Nampa :)