The thought of trying to write out everything that has happened recently feels really overwhelming, so I'm going to list it out according to winners and losers - hope you enjoy!
1. Incredibly welcoming community. The Logos/Asian Hope staff have been so good to us, and we are really thankful for their care and support.
2. Our shipment arrived from India! I know life isn't about stuff, but it makes me happy having my own towels, sheets, and kitchen things (not to mention the guitar, drums, trumpet, etc)
3. Indoor playgrounds, nice restaurants and beautiful grocery stores - need I say more?
4. An incredibly adaptable family! We are amazed at how our girls have adjusted to everything that's happened over the past few months. They are settling well into life here, and are really looking forward to going to school in a little over a week.
1. Grumpy immigration officers at the airport when we arrived (not what we needed after traveling for almost 30 hours with 4 kids!)
2. Snakes and rats - luckily the snake wasn't in the house...
3. The HEAT! This is rainy season, so some days (like today) aren't too bad. But, having the temperature inside your house in the upper 80's is exhausting.
4. Cold showers... strangely enough, we're going to be purchasing a water heater before any air conditioners. I don't think we're going to be able to afford our water bill if I have to let it run forever just to get up the courage to get wet!
Well, that's just a taste of what's going on with us. Thank you to all of you who have been so incredibly supportive of us! We left India and the US with such a sense of being loved - we are so blessed to have you in our lives!
(pictures to come soon!)