Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School Starts Tomorrow!

Well, it has been quite a week! Last Tuesday we began New Staff Orientation. We spent much of the time getting to know our way around town, and familiarizing ourselves with Ooty and Hebron. Orientation went until Friday, and on Saturday we started Staff Retreat with all of the returning staff. We stayed on campus for this retreat, and enjoyed a great speaker, C.B. Samuel. There were several worship services - Ryan lead two on the guitar, and played the djembe at another. He hasn't touched a piano since we arrived in Ooty, which seems kind of strange. I'm sure he will play soon. The girls enjoyed attending Holiday Club (sort of like Vacation Bible School) with all of the other staff children. The only staff kid they haven't met yet is Leah - everyone on campus thinks that she and Lauren look alike, so it will be fun to see them together next week when Leah arrives.
Staff Retreat ended on Monday with school business meetings, and yesterday was my first full day in the school clinic (called Hoz). I have been at Hoz all day today, and I will be spending the night here as well. One little girl is ill, and needs to stay overnight.
Lauren and Brenna start school in the morning at 8:45. It's quite funny that all of the students return today and start school tomorrow, only to have Friday off for India's Independence Day!
I will write more tonight when I am bored. When I get a chance,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading your updates. Good luck with the start of the school year!