Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shattered

Several of my UK friends have told me today that I look "shattered". I think this means the same thing as exhausted, because that is how I feel. Yesterday was my day off, which was really nice, but it wasn't quite enough to make up for the fact that I was the only one at Hoz from 9am on Friday until 9am on Monday (with a 4 hour break on Saturday). Luckily, I didn't have to sleep at the clinic at night because I didn't have any overnight patients. But it was an exhausting weekend.
Today wasn't too bad. I worked on the computer most of the day, and one of the other nurses worked in the clinic. She saw 5 kids all day, and in the last 4 hours I have seen 10! To kick off the evening, I had to send a student to the hospital to get stitches in his eyelid. It went downhill from there.
So, now it's getting late, and I am feeling even worse than I did earlier today. I think I will sleep tomorrow afternoon with Addie - that should help.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Dear Ketchum Family,

It is great to hear of your adventures there in India. You and your family are in our prayers as you serve the Lord there in that context.

On another note...we are working here in South Korea with a couple that spent a lot of time at your school. The Spauldings, Bill and Maudvi. They say that the Hebron school is a wonderful place.

Keep on,
Ryan Roberts and Family

katieanne said...

Hey Angie- Michelle and I have been keeping tabs on you on your blog- love it! We start school tomorrow- ugh- my baby's coming any day - he's half hanging out all ready, sheesh.... you should be glad you're not here to answer all my questions.... anyway- you inspired us to start our own blogs- mine is spraguedrama.blogspot.com and michelle's is linked from there.... hope you're getting some sleep, i know i'm not! stinkin' fetus!